Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Second Life is being updated

So right now Second Life is being updated. I actually had an appointment with a 'friend' in there, but i guess it was a no-go. I could'nt connect. :(

Yesterday i told you i went right into a shopping spree trying to establish myself as a woman in SL. Well... That's not excactly how it went. I remember, when i found out i had no nipples, i wanted to do something about that. I wanted to see what was possible in an 'entirely' professional way. So i went to a stripclub, wich was my very first action as a girl.

I got in there, and looked at all the bodies. And this is where the interesting stuff began. Being inside my female avatar, i did'nt feel the slightest bit excited in real life! I probably would'nt either way, since computergraphics is'nt a turn-on for me, but seriously though. Nothing at all.

I saw skins that was wet, darkish, light, and generally pretty well made. There was definetly nipples, and i loved it. But all of them had this weird rock-like face that i did'nt particularly enjoy, they did'nt smile, and their eyes were barily moving. If i were to take a snapshot at that moment, it would be a pretty decent picture of the half-naked girls, and really realistic.

I saw how they moved when they walked, and the way they danced. And their hair! Wow, there was a lot of things to be done. I was scribbling down all the details on my mental notepad, when i got an IM from a guy standing directly behind me. He asked if i wanted to dance. I said sure, and we went right on it after he had taught me how to use the poseballs.

That was where the first realization came. If i had been a guy avatar, i would feel terrible asking questions, but as a girl it's really no problem. I figured that was a major advantage, since i was a blonde i was pretty much expected to ask questions and not 'get' what was going on. So i deliberetly made myself a couple of IQ's dumber than i am in real life, just to enjoy getting helped with a lot of stuff that i already knew by this guy.

He taught me how the dance-machine worked, what the raffle-ball was all about, and how to reduce lag. I already knew that, but i considered it a part of my 'education'. After we danced for a while, i saw a male dancing alone on another poseball... Naked. Being a fellow with a great understanding of culture (I've seen a lot of movies about the topic) i thought it would be great to dance with him, and see the reaction, so i promptly stood up, walked over, and started rubbing my newbie pixels against the other avatar. Yes, i realize it was a little careless of me. Just walking away from the guy that had taught me so much, and was clearly having a great time talking to me - but after all, it's just a game. Is'nt it? right?

I could'nt help but laugh in real life, while watching the poseballs do their job. The animation did'nt work that great, but I wanted to see what he had to say about some girl getting hot and naughty with him in spite of my amusement. So i finished my cup of coffee while looking at the action. Then all of a sudden, he promptly stood up and walked away leaving me frozen in animation. Bah. Then i realized that i had gotten an IM from the guy i danced with a while back, and here's what he wrote: "What are you doing?!?!?", "Hello???", "I see why you'd rather dance with him!". I nearly wetted my pants, and was about to tell him what a fucking wuss he was - but then i realized that i was a girl. What would a girl do in this situation?

So i thought carefully about it, and wrote: "Awwww sweetie. I'm sorry, i had no idea you took it so seriously. Are you alright?". I regret ever saying that. He answered after a couple of minutes "It's okay, i guess that's just how it's meant to be". Then we made up, and i added him to my friends list. He's been bugging me ever since, and so has many other guys.

But that short sequence made me think. I've been rude to girls a lot of times, but none of them had reacted in any way like this wuss. What a loser. I mean, it's not even real life! I wondered if there's a lot of guys like him out there, and it pretty much turned out there is. I have no idea how you girls in real life handle guys like this - it's so confusing to me. I had to feel sorry for them, while i did'nt really care. I almost WANT to hurt them in some way, just to make them understand how foolish they really are. And almost all of them clings. Seriously, everytime i log on this guy tries to IM me and ask where i am, and what I'm doing. If i don't answer, he'll be all like "Are you okay honey?", and act like we're in a relationship or something like that. He's seriously creeping me out!

Of course, i had to tell my real life girlfriend about it. I knew she would have a great solution for it, and tell me how to deal with these underdeveloped males, and just make them go away so i don't have to carry around all their problems. Right? I mean, she should have some kind of problem-solver up her sleeve? Nope. When i told her, she nearly died from laughter and enjoyment. "Welcome to a girls life!" she said. Looks like girls have to deal with these guys on a regular basis. Yikes. Looking back, i realize that a lot of the guys were great friends you know. They helped me a lot, but i wish it could have stayed that way. Just friends. But none of them gets it. They were really creeping me out with what they said, and it has become harder and harder to be nice to them. So now i just ignore them every time i get this vibe. I know, i feel a little bad about doing so - but what is a girl to do?

The strip-club had a huge variety of freebies, and i gathered it all and tried it on. They made me look like a whore. I had to find some better clothes. And that's where the shopping spree began, and that's where i stumbled across slnatalia.blogspot.com - I've been a regular reader since.

I just realized that i promised a reader to elaborate on why I'll be anonomyous, but i forgot everything about it. It'll come up in my next post, promise. :)

I'll probably write tomorrow i think. I have to go to work in 2 hours, so.

No comments: